Kubernetes is a system for managing containerized applications, and provides a platform for deploying and managing containerized applications at scale. Kubernetes is open source, and is available on a variety of platforms, including Linux, MacOS, and Windows.
Kubernetes is designed to provide high availability and reliability, and can be used to manage containers running in both on-premises and public cloud environments. Kubernetes can also be used to manage deployments of containers across multiple clusters and data centers.
Kubernetes includes a variety of features for managing containerized applications, including:
- Infrastructure provisioning: Kubernetes can be used to provision the underlying infrastructure needed to run containers.
- Cluster management: Kubernetes can be used to manage clusters of nodes that run containers.
- Deployment management: Kubernetes can be used to deploy containers to nodes in a cluster.
- Service discovery: Kubernetes can be used to automatically discover services running in a cluster and route traffic to them.
- Health checking: Kubernetes can be used to monitor the health of containers and services, and take corrective action if necessary.
- Logging: Kubernetes can be used to log the activity of containers and services.